Sunday 27 May 2012




Gorgeous Pink Glitter and Butterflies


I have been wanting to make a strawberry cake for ages but all the recipes I found called for strawberry jelly powder - not an easy thing to come by in the UK.  A friend's birthday was approaching and shes loves strawberries so it gave me a good reason to search out the jelly powder because then I could make the cakes. (Likes I need a reason to bake!) It didn’t take long to find what I needed.  Amazon had strawberry Jello powder in their American food section.





I had sourced a recipe from GothicGirl on the All recipes website so with my ingredients assembled I was good to go.

The smell when I added the Jello powder to the mix was incredible – such a good intense strawberry smell.



I had to take a picture of the batter when I added the strawberry puree as the contrast of the two pinks looked so good together.

Soon the cakes were out of the oven and ready for my favourite part – icing and decorating. I was making a basic buttercream but I had some strawberry puree left over so I added it to the mix with a drop of pink gel colour. I had some cupcake wrappers or skirts with butterflies on them that I wanted to use so I was inspired to make some pink butterflies from sugarpaste to decorate the cakes.  It was such a hot day I had to work really quickly and put them in the fridge to firm up.  The cakes were iced, the butterflies added, they were wrapped in their skirts and with a dusting of glitter they were just right for the birthday girl.

Happy Birthday Anna






No comments:

Post a Comment